Managing screen time
While we are so pleased with how well the children have adapted to Tapestry, SeeSaw and Microsoft Teams for their remote learning, we are very aware that too much screen time for children is not healthy.
Tips to help reduce screen time
1. When not in a lesson, encourage the children to take time away from the screen, get up from the desk and perhaps do something physical.
2. Encourage children to use a pencil or pen and paper to write, so that they don't become reliant on typing.
3. Use reference books and printed materials instead of going online, where possible.
4. When children are having downtime, limit their use of screens.
5. No screens for at least an hour before bed.
For more advice on remote learning and screen time visit www.gov.uk