At St Bernard's Preparatory School we are proud of our Chaplaincy team, they provide social, emotional and spiritual support to all our students. They encourage child led prayer and provide our pupils with opportunities to share their own life experiences through class reflection.
Pupils have the opportunity to serve the school as part of the Chaplaincy Team when they become Faith Ambassadors. Anyone can apply for the role and every year a member is chosen from each class.
They play a vital role in the Spiritual life of the school and are supported by the Chaplaincy Lead Mrs Hupalo
The Faith Ambassadors perform many duties throughout the year including:
- Meeting regularly to arrange upcoming events such as assemblies.
- Going up to the altar during liturgies and collecting gifts for each classes prayer table.
- Encouraging the children to live out their faith in their daily living
- Develop positive relationships with and beyond the school community
- To support Liturgy, prayer and the spiritual life of the school
- Fundraising for charities
Faith Ambassador team success criteria
- To listen respectfully to each other's ideas
- Communicate with team members, the school and at times, Father Kevin and members of the parish
- Encourage everyone when making decisions, to share their ideas and to try their best
- Include everyone when making decisions
- Become model representations for the school. Lead by example and love as God loves us.